Thursday, May 11, 2006

Past Project - Strips & Curves


In 2004, Louisa Smith,
(www.quiltescapes.com) was the guest teacher at the Bismarck Quiltfest. I took two of her classes: Strips and curves and One Patch Plus (Color, Design and Theme). So far I have only finished the Strips and curves quilt. The quilt is constructed by first creating a gradated strata out of 2" strips of fabric, then using her template set you cut the curved pieces.
The best result from taking Louisa's class was learning to use a design wall. The wall really allows you to try out different layouts and audition different fabrics. Now I don't think I can work with out one, most of my quilt studio is covered in white flannel.
The title of the quilt is L'eau and was pieced mostly by machine and machine quilted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow very pretty....

Sharon