This weekend I got together with my art quilt friends, Jenny and Terri. We try to meet once a month and try something new. We keep it very informal. So far we have experimented with Tyvek, silk fusion and now sunprinting. I was amazed at how fast everything dried. We got started around 1:00 and I was home by 4:30.
This was my first piece of fabric, it was done with Setacolor textile paint and rice...
With this piece I tried to wrinkle the fabric, but it really didn't work too well, so I used it as my wipe up cloth the rest of the day....
This one was painted with Setacolor and then I used a veggie soup mix. Can you tell I raided my pantry before getting started.
This piece was originally a damask table cloth that was hand dyed green. I added a wash of red and then used a piece of plastic canvas to print.
This is another piece of the table cloth, this time I added a bit of blue to the fabric and then sprinkled with rice. The result is a very subtle print.
I used mustard leaves for this print.
I painted this fabric with yellow setacolor and orange jacquard fabric paint and then used wild rice to create the sunprint.
For this piece I used Dye-na-flow in purple and blue, kneeded the fabric in a plastic bag for awhile to blend the colors and then sprinkled with rock salt.