Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tyvek Postcards

I tried a few different technique with the tyvek. This time I painted the tyvek, placed it over a fabric and quilted it to the timtex then gave it a blast from the heat gun. I haven't discovered anything yet with the tyvek that I would like to incorporate into a quilt, but it sure is fun to play around with. The first two cards, I used a base fabric that I had previously foiled, I like the shinny bits that show through.
On this card I used a layer of angelina fibers, not the best results. The Angelina really dulled when I burned the tyvek.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Congratulations!
Please, send me the photo of a your t-shirt or a your clock / watch and the link of your blog,
I' ll publish in my blog!
Thanks Ivo
EMAIL:
ivo.giulivo@gmail.com

Tanya Brown said...

Alien skin! You've discovered how to simulate alien skin with fabric.

Kate North said...

Ooh, I like the way the foil comes through the Tyvek - I might have to try that out. very nice.

Needleroozer said...

Oh those postcards are neat! I have some Tyvek, but haven't tried it yet.

Have you worked with Etal yet? That is something else I have but haven't played with yet.
LB

Barbara said...

These postcards are beautiful. I also play with tyvek and I love it too!