Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fabrico Markers

I recently purchased a few Fabrico markers ....

And my first experiment with them was on silk ribbon. The orange ribbon I applied directly to a dry ribbon, variegating between light orange and dark orange. The result is a solid even strong color. Next I wet the ribbon and sort of scribbled on to a piece of freezer paper. The result is a much more wash out look to the ribbon sort of a washed out look. I also tried mixing colors on the wet ribbon which worked well to get a variegated application. The marker does not seem to change the drape of the ribbon.

3 comments:

Tanya Brown said...

I've been wondering what the markers are like, so it's nice to read this. I recently purchased the Tsukineko inks and fantastix, which are made by the same company and come in the same series of colors as the Fabrico markers.

They've made a nice quick way to color little bits of fabrics when I can't find the right color and don't wish to compromise. Your application on ribbons sounds like a good idea as well.

allie aller said...

Why on earth didn't I think of this? The colors look great, esp. that orange. ;-)

The Lone Beader® said...

I love brand new markers. What pretty colours=:)