Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ladybug and butterfly.....

A ladybug and a beaded butterfly have found their way on to my crazy quilt.
I like how the ladybug turned out and see a few more crawling about on the quilt.....
The beaded butterfly needs a bit of an adjustment to one of the bottom wings when/if I ever get to it. But for now it will stay as is. I tried using a pattern but in the end I let the wings evolve as I beaded. First I did an outline of the wings and then filled in wing sections. I sketched a few more butterfly and bug designs to try through out the quilt.

4 comments:

allie aller said...

I love it when motiffs go across seam lines!

Threadspider said...

The ladybug is very cute. I've tried butterflies, but without much success. Yours looks great.

Dianne said...

2 of my favourite critters - especially the butterfly. They look great.

Deb Silva said...

Gorgeous! Makes me want to get out the silk ribbon~
oxooo
deb