Make a bed quilt for us. We have a king size bed and I would like to make a double wedding ring quilt Most of the fabric for the quilt has been purchased just need to get down to cutting out and assembling. I guess this will be on my list for 2008.
Make Christmas or ornaments. I love hand made ornaments and every year around Christmas, I wish I had made a few to share with friends and family. I made exactly one ornament and it was for me. As much as I wish to do this I think it may be a bit too much to fit in with the other projects I had started for the year.
Enter a quilt in a show Completed. I entered a quilt in the Fargo Quilt Show and two quilts in the Bismarck Quiltfest. I also am waiting to hear on a entry for a local Artist and Gallery Association for a quilt show in January.
Finish the Spring inspired crazy quilt This quilt is well on its way but far from done. I should be ready to sew all of the blocks together soon and start working on some applique flowers I have planned for the border.
Keep up on the art2mail exchange Completed this one and even put my name down for another, I guest I like making postcards.
Participate in the Take a Stitch Tuesday with Sharon B I had such high hopes with participating in the TAST but my participation faded as I started to work on other projects.
All in all I feel pretty good about what I was able to complete. Looking ahead to 2008 I have held over a few goals from last year.....
- Make a king size quilt for our bed. (With most of the fabric purchased, I should be able to get to this in 2008)
- Finish the Spring Inspired Crazy Quilt
And a few new....
- Enter a few juried shows. I have found a few local, regional and national shows to shoot for and I have a work in progress that I think will be ready in the first part of 2008.
- Write a few articles for publication. I already have some lined up with CQmagOnline.com and Fibre & Stitch. I will keep you posted.
- Finish up at least one UFO. One sure does not sound like much in a year but considering I don't think I touched any in 2007, one in 2008 is a good goal. My thoughts at the moment are on a castle that I stared in a Barbara Olson Class....or the landscape I have not touched in a few months or maybe the 2 or 3 purses I have cut out ready to be sewn together....the list could go on and on.
Happy New Year!