It has been a quiet long weekend. Enjoying being home with the family.
I am nearly finished quilting my sunflower quilt and I will spare you from another update photo for a little while. Wrapping up one project starts me thinking on what I should do next and I have been turning my focus to a crazy quilt I started last year. I left it up on a design wall so I would not pack it away and forget about it.
I have been working on some individual beaded motifs I plan to use. The flowers measure about 3/4" to 1" depending on bead size used. I used both fire line and Silamide thread and liked both. It is my first time using fire line and I found it easy to thread and with a bit of stiffness it did not seem to tangle up as easy as other threads. The two tiers of leaves are stacked so they are a bit 3-d.
I also made this beaded chain and I have yet to finish. I think it will be a good base for some beaded flowers and leaves and I think I could also use the technique for a seam embellishment in a crazy quilt.