Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not good...

I thought I would share with you something that did not work out so well with my vase of sunflowers quilt. I want to add some shading to the vase and thought about adding some fibers to achieve this...but what I ended up with is awful. I was trying to shade the vase using grays but it ended up blending it in with the background too much, so now I have to rethink what I need to do...
1. One choice is to rip it out which is always easier said than done when ripping out machine quilting.
2. I could cover it with different fabric. Hmm, I will need to ponder this one a bit more and do some digging through my stash.
3. I could try and go with what I started and see if I can salvage. One is usually hopeful things will work out in the end but it could end up with something even worse.

1 comment:

Pat Winter said...

I liked the shading with fibers. Things do look different in person, but from what I can see, it worked. This is a beautiful natural and calm piece of Art!