Monday, June 30, 2008

SRE - spider web roses

I am in a round robin through the Crazy Quilting International Yahoo group. This is the first I have joined and it is quite a bit of fun. This block is from Wendy and I just love the butterfly fabric used in the center. I added the Cretan stitch along the bottom and the silk ribbon rose cluster.

Each rose I used some of my own hand dyed and stamped silk ribbon. At first I wasn't sure if it would all blend, but it is like have roses in various stages of bloom.

Here are the three ribbon I used and the correspond to the order above. The far left rose was done with some ribbon that I dyed pink and then sponge printed with more pink. The middle rose was done in one of my favorite stamped ribbon techniques on some commercial pink ribbon. The third rose, is the same commercial pink ribbon but this time I highlighted one edge with a yellow Fabrico marker.
The leaves are a mix of my own hand dyed ribbon and commercial and I added a few colonial knots to fill out the design.

1 comment:

allie aller said...

Well that is nifty. I never would have thought of stamping ribbon!