Friday, July 18, 2008

Another beaded flower

I have been creating a varietyof beaded embellishments for my crazy quilt. I like elements that I can play with and move around rather than creating them directly on the fabric. I was looking though some old (2004 era) Bead & Button magazines and ran across a beaded floral bracelet. The petals are created with a peote stitch, which is a little fussy when first starting but comes together nicely. Well the ever creative side tweeked the pattern a bit and came up with these....
With a little more fiddiling thing the purple/blue flower will make a great vine of clematis...



And I have an idea to alter the shape of the petal a bit to look like a wild rose...

2 comments:

Pat said...

Amy, I love this new beaded flower! I will "stay-tuned" for a tutorial, if you post one. I have loved the previous one you did and have several friends trying them too! Pat

Monica at Buttoncounter said...

Amy,
Being a Native North Dakotan (Pioneer) and now a Texan for life, I miss seeing those wild prairie roses. I saved your picture on my computer so that I could visit it every day. Thank You for sharing it.

Monica