Sunday, August 03, 2008

A change of direction

I have been so busy traveling with work. A few weeks ago I had a trip through eastern North Dakota and then last week I was in DC. I had a bit of free time to take in a few museums. I thoroughly enjoyed the current exhibit at the DAR Museum Telling Their Stories:19th Century Samplers and Silk Embroideries.

I took along my latest piece to see if I could come up with an idea how to proceed. My initial idea for this new piece was to expand on the hot glue and porcelain face idea I had going in the postcard.....


But it just did not seem to be working. The flowers I had fussy cut just seemed too muted for the bright background. So I decided to take it in a new direction and incorporate some applique and hand embroidered flowers.

1 comment:

StegArt said...

I like the new direction.