Friday, October 17, 2008

More Retreat Photos

I took three classes from Laura Wasilowski at the Retreat. The first day I took her Object Lesson Class. Mostly learning some different techniques on using fusible and creating patterns and objects. I created these three leaves. I am not all that thrilled with it, so who knows if I will ever actually finish it. One thing I really liked about Laura work was how she mixed both hand stitching and machine stitched in one piece.
This was the second class I took, Garden of Eden. I used some of what I leaned on the first day to create the vase. And then started creating some fused paisley shaped flowers. With a little hand stitching I think the flowers will come to life even more. And I would like to add a border.
For an evening class I took a tote bag class made out of strips of fabric. Great class and in 3 hours I nearly finished the tote, just need to sew up the lining where I turned the bag. I used all purple tones for the outside and a green batik for the lining.

1 comment:

Laura Wasilowski said...

Your work is beautiful. It was so nice to have a talented person like you in my class. Press on!