Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmas Ornaments

I have been working on some Christmas ornaments the past few weeks. I found the pattern in this seasons Quilting Arts Gifts.
Aren't they adorable. They are made from a felted knit ball, wool and some stitching.
I made my felted ornaments a little different from the directions in the magazine. I used a knitted bead pattern and adjusted it to make an egg shape. Each ball is knit using a double strand of wool yarn and then stuffed it with a bit of batting. I think it took about 3 trips though my washer until they were felted to my satisfaction.
Now to finish them up, Christmas is just around the corner.

4 comments:

Darcie said...

They are darling, Amy! Wouldn't they make sweet placecards for a holiday dinner!

Hope you're feeling well. Get plenty of rest. ;-)

allie aller said...

They are very cute! They must be fun to make, too.

I'm with Darcie...I hope your pregnancy is going well and you are feeling fine.
I just learned that my niece is pregnant with triplets!

Unknown said...

oh what a great idea to knit the shapes! ooh just think of the different ways that could go, lol. please post more pics as you finish them. I love seeing everyones personal touch when making these ornaments.

Wildflowerhouse said...

Oh I just love these. What aneat idea. I like what you have done with the pattern.