Thursday, February 12, 2009

Creative Slump

Some months ago, I slipped in to a creative slump. Along with feeling crappy from being pregnant I found myself just sitting around most evening channel surfing the boob tube. In order to get out of my slump, I did a little knitting and some work on a UFO (the hand quilting double wedding ring).
I felt a bit of creativity spark when the announcement for the The Alliance for the American Quilt announced their contest Crazy for Quilts. So I started a block and have been enjoying the hand work in the evenings.
So why did I feel the need to start a completely new project? I have been wanting some new art for above the fireplace...Wanting to try something different...my fabric stash has been feeling ignored from working on small projects...just get into the studio and do something, who knows why I started this quilt, but I sure am enjoying the process and I have no idea where it will take me.

3 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Oh no! Not a slump!

I guess I missed the part about being pregnant and that's understandable but I bet that can really effect your motivation day to day and even hour to hour.

I hope you're still creating and still enjoying the process. I always look forward to your beautiful work!

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

Those colors ought to bring you out of a slump. Sometimes that doing something for 5 minutes can get your juices flowing. Maybe your body is saying you just need a short rest to get started again. Motivation will come back - you are too creative for it not to come back.

Best wishes on the new baby to be.

allie aller said...

This quilt is going to be a break-through piece for you...I can just feel it!