Saturday, June 06, 2009

Ace of the Cake

I love watching all those cake decorating shows that are on TV. I could totally get in to decorating cakes. So I thought I would challenge myself with a Spiderman theme cake for Alex's third birthday.

I is a chocolate sour cream cake with butter cream frosting, all homemade. I thought I would try out the decorative icing a few times on a cutting sheet before I attempted it on the cake.
And here is the cake with the frosting. Much harder that I thought. I did not have too many problems with the top, but if you look close, some of the lines on the edge are a bit wiggly. I seemed to get the hang of it just as I was finishing up.
And some final touches of a Spiderman candle and a 3....
Happy Birthday Alex......

6 comments:

allie aller said...

You did great! I would never attempt such a thing... ;-)

Alex looks handsome and quite pleased! I hope he is enjoying his new role as big brother...

Kate said...

Really Cute! I mean both. I hope he had a great time. You did a greatttt job on the cake.

Doreen G said...

Well done Amy but best of all Alex looks quite pleased with it so that's all that matters.

Diane said...

It looks great! You did a very good job. I also love the Ace of Cakes show because my other hobby is cake decorating, the first, of course is CQing.

Darcie said...

Happy Birthday, Alex!!!

You did a super job on your son's Spidey cake, Amy!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

This is a fantastic cake - you did a wonderful job!
Hugs,
Kerry