Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Finding time for little projects

Small projects seem to be all I can fit in these days. I need something I can pick up quick and work on for 10-15 minutes and then tuck away.
This little bead project is one I have been wanting to try based on a project from the book Bead Romantique. It is not quite done, I will be adding some fringe to the lower left quadrant to balance out the design. The most difficult part was getting the links of beads to stay around the face. I ended up taking a few stitches through the holes just to make sure it wont come loose. I am not sure if it will become a necklace or an embellishment on a quilt.

2 comments:

allie aller said...

Very nice! Esp the fringe on the side...this is one of your mother's porcelain faces, isn't it?
Beautiful!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

This would certainly look lovely on a quilt!
Hugs,
Kerry