Thursday, November 12, 2009

Progress

I made major progress on a large crazy quilt I have had in the works for a few years. I first posted about it on March 1, 2007. The entire quilt is now pieced together and measures about 60 inches (5 feet) square.


And I started on the floral border. The solid wools that I am using for the flowers stand out beautifully against the crazy background. I already have 3 of the large flowers stitched on and several cut out. With the quilt to this point it is much easier to pick up and do a little hand work in the evening. I am please my vision is coming together for this quilt.


My camera seems to be taking really sucky pictures in low lit interior shots. The color is totally washed out in this photo but it give you an idea of how the floral border will continue.
This quilt was inspired by an antique quilt. This quilt is so amazing, I could study it for hours.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is going to be beautiful. I like how the wool flowers give it a modern feel.

allie aller said...

I am so glad you hung in there and stayed true to your vision! The flowers add a whole new element that enhances the entire quilt.

I do want to swap little quilts with you in the new year, too, Amy!! ;-)

Terri Stegmiller said...

It looks gorgeous laying on the floor all put together. I think the wool flowers will really be great on it.

Nellie's Needles said...

This looks contemporary, but yet timeless. I checked out your inspiration quilt and I'd say this quilt is ALL YOURS. I like the design elements you chose from that multitude for your creation, as well as how you present them. The scale of it has BIG impact. Way to Go!

Kay said...

This is absolutely beautiful. The soft subtle colors and the combination of textures is wonderful.

Debra Dixon said...

Very pretty! Are some of the fabrics from ties?