I refined the placement of a few flowers on my Alliance for American Quilts New from Old entry. Tried to make some of the flowers look like there are behind the fans and others in front to create a little depth.
I have a good start on the beading . So far I have a few seams and the edge of the fan as well as one flower. I auditioned several colors on the flower until I arrived at what I think would work. I do this quite often when beading. If I am not sure if something will work, I go ahead and bead the motif or seam. Sometimes I know right away it is not going to work, and other times, I just leave the beads in place for a bit and the piece grows into it. I bead each element with one thread and then tie it off, so in the event I do need to remove a seam treatment I know exactly which beads will come off when I snip the thread.
Here is a close up of the bead embellished flower. I used size 15 for the center portion in teal dark pink and light pink and size 11 for the tips of the petals in an silver lined blush pink bead. I used a blanket stitch in size 15 seed beads around the flower to anchor the needle punched applique in place.