I started with cutting out some groupings of the flowers.
I have another oriental fabric that had a cloud type graphic that I thought I would try to recreate with a subtle print black fabric. I think the corners are too black but I like the cloud effect.
Next was to audition some fabrics for the center. I use this shade of golden yellow quite a bit in my quilts. I should be on the look out for more as I am nearly out of this print.
The yellow didn't do it for me, so I went to blue. This is a very dark navy batik, but it made the whole block feel too much the same tone. The graphic of the flowers felt a little lost.