Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Ornaments

I spent my free time last evening embellishing a few of the ornaments I made with my Knit-n-Felt Ornament Pattern. Most of the ones I have made so far are more geared toward Christmas, but I just knit some up in pretty spring colors and think it will make a nice bowl full of eggs come Easter.

The purple ornament is the large size and knit with Knit Picks Andean Treasures wool and embellished with a beaded fly stitch in two shades of green. I love the Andean Treasure wool, it is so soft and felted up nice and quick, but I really did not like it for this project. I like my ornaments to be nice and firm almost hard and this one is soft and squishy. I think a better yarn to use is a merino wool I have used all of the following and like the results: Patons Classic Wool, Casscade 220 or I Love This Wool from Hobby Lobby. I am sure there are others that will work well too.

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

Your ornaments are lovely. They may be the ones that I make for my grandkids next Christmas.