Monday, May 03, 2010

One

It was birthday week for Abby, she turned one and we had a great time with most of the family in town.

I had fun decorating Abby's cake and made her my favorite carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. This is the first time I tried decorating with fondant. I bought some premade and used food coloring to get the different colors. Picked up a set of flower shaped fondant cutters at Hobby Lobby and used a melon baller to get the nice round circle centers on the large flowers and the center of an "O" from my fondant alphabet cutter set for the smaller flowers.



1 comment:

FredaB said...

Great job Amy on the cake. I took cake decorating from Wilton and made all our birthday and other holiday cakes when the kids were home. Now they all seem to order their cakes.
Yours is much more special.

Cute picture of the kids and can't believe she is 1 already.

Hugs

fredaB