Tuesday, August 17, 2010

On the Needles

July was the month of travels for us. First with a trip to the Black Hills over the 4th of July and then we ended the month with a visit to Minneapolis for a family get together. I have been knitting more these days than quilting and have quite a few project on the needles. I knew I should have never started knitting, way too addictive.
I just started the Traveling Woman shawl. The yarn is a skein of hand dyed fingering weight wool that I picked up at the Fiber Arts Festival in Fargo a few weeks ago. A bit of a normal departure from my normal color palette so we will see if I ever actually wear it.

I bought the Sipalu Bag Kit from Knit Picks and am loving the color work, but stalled as I need to switch to some DPNs and don't currently have the size needed.
I also have the Bridget Hat on the needles for a few months (yes I said months). It is not like it is all that difficult of a pattern, I guess more exciting knitting has come along and this one just gets push aside. I am using some Hobby Lobby, I Love this Wool in a girly pink. Should be cute, if I ever get it done.
I also have a sweater for Abby that had stalled for the same reason as the bag, need to pick up some different needles.

No comments: