Monday, January 10, 2011

First Love

Did I tell you have now have (nearly) wall to wall carpet in my art studio. This past fall we remodeled the main floor of our home and put in beautiful Brazilian cherry wood floors. We relocated one of the larger remnants of carpet to the basement to use in my studio/unfinished basement. At first I was not too sure, but now that I nearly have everything back into place, I love it. No more icy feet on the cement floor, and it could almost be called a room.



I love working in my space and I even got back to working on a quilt. Just this little bit of quilt creativity has made me realize, quilting is my first craft love and I have missed it so.


It is a small wall hanging using a vintage image from my mom's collection. The quilt will be for my mom to use in her quilt booth to showcase how to use the photo blocks in a quilt. Elly Sienkiewicz will be the featured teacher, and I hear applique is quilt popular with the guild in the area. I was inspired by a couple of designs from her Baltimore Album books and I modified the leafy tendrils to frame the rectangle block.

Since I am not very good at needle turn applique (quite crappy actually) I am using felted wool and ultra suede.

No comments: