Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quick Quilt

I was not planning on doing a quilt up for the Alliance for American Quilts this year. 2011 has been filled with one cold after another for the kids and myself. Abby had surgery last week to get her second set of tubes. So I thought I would take one thing off my plate and not try to do a quilt. The theme this year had me stumped as well, Alliances: People, Patterns, Passion, I mean how do you represent that all in one quilt. I pondered on a few ideas but none seemed worthy of pursuing.

Until I started thinking about me and the people and patterns around me and where I live and what I do.


It is still in progress, but should be finished in time to mail off by the deadline
I will be adding embroidery and beads to the sunflowers as well as novelty yarns to the leaves and landscape.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I hope you will keep the pictures coming.

allie aller said...

Sometimes these quick and spontaneous quilts that emerge from below the surface are the very best of all. This is fantastic!