Friday, June 17, 2011

What is a crafty girl to do....

The flooding saga continues.  Initially, we moved most of the large furniture from the house along with mattresses, TVs and electronics to a friend's garage.  As you can see in the photo above,  the house plants are loving living outside.  My studio is packed in to our office on the main floor of the house and it was declared by my husband that I have too much crap.  While I do agree with him, I do have quite a bit of crap (especially when one has to move said crap in a hurry) I like my crap and will work on organizing it better. With the long flood fight ahead (flood conditions could last through August) we ended up moving a few items back in to make living a bit more comfortable. 
The kids were at "Grandma Camp" for two weeks, and I decided it is time they come home.  I missed them and need them close. 
I am sick of moving furniture, sandbags and trying to make the house livable that I started some knitting with the only yarn I have left in the house Lily Sugar'n Cream cotton.

Nothing too spectacular,  but it sure helps me quit obsessing about the current situation.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I can't imagine what you are going through...but at least nothing is ruined yet! I can't believe this will be until August!! My thoughts and prayers are with you for sure!!! And just tell you hubby you could have other bad habits than just "crap"!

allie aller said...

Hang tough, Amy. You will feel so much better with your kids back home...and the knitting will help, too!