Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend....

It was the weekend to deck the halls and gear up for Christmas through out the house.  We have two trees this year,  a big one in the family room and a table top one in the dining/kitchen area.  I particularly like how the mantle turned out this year. 

The small tree has all of my favorite ornaments that I have collected over the years,  many handmade by friends and family.   I even dug through my stash of table linens for a touch of embroidery around the small tree....



I have been experimenting with a bit of applique. 

A wall hanging for Abby's room......


and a 6 inch machine applique block....


I like the results of the block with the seasonal colors, the crisp look to the applique and it was the fasted applique block I ever completed...I have a wall quilt brewing in my head.


Happy holidays everyone.

No comments: