Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baby it is cold outside...

Well it no surprise that it is cold outside,  after all I do live in North Dakota and it is something we are known for, the bitterly cold.  This year has been a departure from the norm and we had a gloriously warm fall and up until last week, we were still reaching the 40s for highs.  Well that all came to a end with the highs now around zero and at this moment it is -9, yes NEGATIVE 9 with wind chills in the -30 range.  that was a few days ago,  it is much nicer now with temps in the low 30s for the weekend.  I am sure will feel like a heat wave,  if I get motivated enough to step outside.  I could go on bemoaning the abhorrent temperatures but with the lack of snow on the ground it does not seem so bad.  No shoveling the driveway, no slipping and sliding on the street,  no trekking though snow drifts just to get to the front door it is just damn cold.  I know the snow will come eventually,  but I am content to enjoy the small reprieve Mother Nature has provided (inside with a steamy cup of coffee and a bit of knitting). 

Speaking of knitting....
I am working on a Skull Cap for the boy.  I knit so very little for him,  that when I ran across this pattern,  I knew I had to give it a go.  The first attempt was frogged, too big for his head.  I started over, using mostly DK weight yarn size 6 needles and only casting on 84. 


I am also putting the finishing touches on my next pattern....snowflake mittens....

No comments: