Monday, January 09, 2012

New year of projects

I finished out 2011 knitting up this fantastic sweater for my sister.  Love the yarn Cascade Quatro in the colorway Jamaica and the pattern Cordova Cardigan


The yoke of the pattern gave me a little heartache (well actually more like a burn) when I had to rip it out and try again at least 4 times.  In the end I don't think I got it quite exactly as the directions were printed but visually it is lovely. 

It was given to my sister with strict instructions of hand wash only and that I totally would not be offended if she hated it and gave it back to me. 

I liked the pattern so well I have started a second for me out of some Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Avocado...


I also knit this cute Center Row Lace ear warmer in the car on our way down to visit my folks in SD.  Knit up quick out of some left over yarn and did not require much attention.  I love the vintage button I snagged at my moms. 

Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of the back of your own head.  Took me about 20 shots with many photos of the wall.

No comments: