Monday, May 21, 2012

Applique Shorts

I have held on to a number of boys clothes from Alex in the hopes that Abby would wear them.  Well she will as long as they are girly.  Could not get her to put on any of these shorts pre applique. 

After a long day of playing,  it was hard to get Abby to pose for me. 


I used fabric from my stash and for this butterfly I was inspired by a skirt from Mini Boden.  Adorable clothes, a bit pricey, but full of great ideas I can do. 


I love how the khaki shorts turned out.  I used a mixture of 1930s prints along with some free motion embellishment. 


This next one is cut from a Jane Sassaman fabric that I have had in my stash for awhile.  With a butterfly on one leg and a spray of flowers on the other, the bright colors are just perfect for a little girl.  Even got a compliment from a gal at Barnes & Noble. 


Set for the summer with out spending a dime. 

No comments: