Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Applique


Another pair of boys shorts that I added a bit of applique to make them more to Abby's liking.  I have had these 1930s leafs cut out sitting in a pile for years.  They were supposed to become a border for a 1930s quilt the never quite materialized.  But I think they are the perfect addition to the shorts.  At Abby's request I added a little bumble bee. 


The next is a tee shirt that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  The flowers around the collar really turned out great and I experimented with a bit of machine embroidery.  


I have a few ideas on using this applique technique in a quilt so stay tuned.  

1 comment:

Kathy E. said...

Amy, this sweet post definitely deserves a comment on your creative touches to ready-made clothing! I was drawn to a pin on Pinterest for the leafy vine on denim shorts and it brought me here to your blog. I'm thinking I'd like to add this leaf detail (with the buzzing bumblebee!) to a denim jacket I have. So very cool...thank you for your ideas!