Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A bit rusty

I have not done much quilting in the last few years and I feel a bit rusty. So I chose a project out of the UFO pile I was started a few months back and needed to be finished. 

All I had was her name on the blue fabric,  so I added a border, then measured and realized I had not squared up everything.  So out came the seam ripper and made a few adjustments.  I added a bit of applique flowers and leaves using a charm pack of fabric. 


Next I added a bunch of free motion embroidery to the fused applique, sandwiched the sucker up and started to quilt.  This is where i realized I am a bit rusty.  A few jerky motions and some lines that just don't flow the way I had hoped,  but it is quilted.  And Abby just loves it.  


 I have a bit more embellishment in mind for this little beauty for sure a bit of beading. 

Feels good to have one UFO off of my design wall.  Next up will two landscapes that have been hanging around unfinished since 2008.  So what is your oldest UFO that you still have hopes of finishing and have not totally abandoned? 



No comments: