Friday, March 04, 2016

New Camera

After many months of thinking about buying a new camera and a few weeks of searching the internet and asking my photo snapping friends what camera I should buy.  I took the plunge and bought a Canon Rebel T5 along with a 18-55mm lens and a 70-300mm lens.
First shot out of the box, then the battery died. 

I have not worked with a SLR camera since I took black and white photography class in college back in the dark room ages around 1992.  Since then I have had a variety of digital point and shoots and the past few years have resorted to my phone camera.
Trying out a few shots at home before we headed out to a school concert

We have a few long road trips planned for this year and I really want to get my kids out of the house and do some hiking/geocaching again this summer.   
One can only sit still so long waiting for mom before one must goof around. 
 I am ready for this adventure. 

No comments: