A few weeks ago, Terri and a good friend Jenny got together for an art quilt play day and messed around with Tyvek. I made my experiments into postcards and used some dryer sheets I had dyed. This first one is ok, I think it could have used some more beading, but since it was just an experiment I stopped myself from spending too much time.
The second postcards, I though looked something like a flower but a few have said it looks like a dress. I liked the colors on this one. I used Jaquared metallic fabric paint on most of my experiments. At first I was using an iron to apply the heat to the tyvek. Worked ok, but it was difficult to see what was happening. A few of the experiments got a little too much heat. We found that using a heat gun with the tyvek sandwiched in between a white non stick pressing sheet worked great and the heat was better directed and the tyvek remained flat.
For this piece, I painted the tyveck and the did a little free motion stitching with gold thread and then zapped with the heat gun. I then attached it to the postcard using the same thread and some free motion stitches.
Our next art quilt play day we are going to try silk fusion. Can't wait.