Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New tote bag

I made the Professional Tote Bag a few years ago and just loved it.  It is the perfect size for my work days and getting out and about with the kids days.  My first tote was showing its age so I ordered some fabric and got to cutting and sewing.

I went with some Amy Butler fabric again for the bag,  it is one of her decorator fabrics, so a bit heavier weight than quilters cotton.  I am in love with this print. 


I did a few modifications to the pattern, no toggles on the side pockets and nixed the zipper on the interior pocket and did away with the zipper section on top and added some pipping in the coordinating color to finish it off. 

The interior is a bright lime green, perfect colors for the summer. 

 
I am also messing around with taking photos with my new iPhone (finally took the plunge in to the smartphone arena).  I am  still poking around and figuring out how to use it blogging and sharing more of my creative endeavors. 

No comments: