Monday, April 21, 2008

New crazy quilt block

I has been awhile since I have done any crazy quilting and I thought a small block project would get me back into the swing of things. I usually construct my blocks starting in the center and use straight seams. This time I wanted to try out a few curves. The block is started with the print and the fussy cut fabric, I love the way it frames the print.
With the seams turned and the applique tacked down with a little glue stick and pins. I chain stitched around the border of the applique and touched up the print with a little pencil and ink. Now on to the seam embellishment.......

2 comments:

allie aller said...

I really like this departure for you, Amy. The print framing the photo reminds me of some of those lace motifs people paint and use...I have never seen a print used this way. Nice!

Doreen G said...

An interesting idea Amy I look forward to seeing how you go with this one.