Friday, May 23, 2008

Vase finished

My sunflower quilt has been on my mind and under the needle most of this week. I resolved the issues with the vase. After auditioning and thinking about how to fix it. I decided to go with what I started and finish shading with roving.

I did end up using my embellisher to "felt" everything in place, so I do have a bit of an issue on the back. But I am not too worried about that. Here it is thus far. I am going to tackle the all over quilting next and then add a few beads to the blooms

5 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Looks wonderful! I do have an idea of your textures from the ATC you gifted to me which helps me to envision/interpret what I'm seeing in the photo. But Oh, I do wish I could see it in person.

GraceBeading said...

Amy - it's GORGEOUS! It's coming along quite nicely. It begs to be touched. Your work always makes me smile.

Terri Stegmiller said...

It looks fabulous Amy!

allie aller said...

Pretty darn amazing...I love how original your work is, too.
What are the dimensions of this piece?

morningDove said...

your border looks like velvet? i can tell you chose fabric that definitely worked for you and brought the piece out. great job.