Friday, April 22, 2016

Quilting onward....


After finishing up two quilts and sending them off to their new owners, I found myself with nothing really ready to keep me busy. 

So I started laying out a new house block....


And then as I dug through my stash and happened across a charm pack I decided to try out the pattern "Crazy for Plaid" by Allison Aller's in her book Quilting...Just a Little Bit Crazy

The pre-cut fabric in the charm pack is 5" squares, the pattern calls for a bit larger, so first thing I had to draft a smaller version of the black scallop applique.


And with a few rainy days I had the whole charm pack appliqued up....

ready for some embellishment.  I stared with a feather stitch on the main seams.

With the main seams progressing, I tried to find something to put in the center of the circles.  Did I mention I challenged myself to use only what is in my stash.  I dug through my laces, but nothing spoke to me, I look through my beads, nope nothing.  I found some buttons that could have been a good choice, but did not have nearly enough that the quilt required.  So I started thinking about creating an applique flower or something and came up with this....

I like where this is headed.


3 comments:

Linda in Maryville, IL said...

Just wanted to comment on this quilt. It is lovely! I viewed it on your Instagram site. It came out to be wonderful! Great Job. Just found this today on Pinterest. Hope you do more.

Amy Munson said...

Thank you so much Linda in Maryville! This has been a fun quilt to create and embroider. I am finishing up the quilting and should have some pictures posted on my flickr account soon. https://www.flickr.com/photos/amy_inthefold/albums

Maggie said...

Hey Amy,

I saw the beginning of your modular triangular scarf you started in 2011. I saw it on Pinterest. Any chance you have a tutorial? )
Thanks!!

maggie