Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Project Drab to Fab: Outdoor Table

  

Sad looking table at my front door.  

.
I needed a new top as the old one was weathered beyond fixing.
 I purchased a 30" round table top from Menard's for around $30. 

Sanded the top a bit and then painted it white with acrylic outdoor paint

The rest of the paint is acrylic craft paint from Hobby Lobby. 

I had a basic sketch of the design, but I found as I painted it evolved.

I was challenged by the large green leaves and how to make them look finished. 



Tried several ideas for veins in the leaves,  but then settled on adding the white centers. 

To which I doodled and painted.

Finished!

I coated the top with a satin spray on polyurethane,
but I think it may need a more durable product.



Reused the legs from the old table...


...and changed out the chairs.

Now to add some for flowers and stitch up some pillows. 



No comments: