Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Projects

I have been working on a few knitting projects this fall....

This is a Just a Whisper Scarf that I am knitting out of Kidsilk Haze, a mohair and silk blend, that is like knitting a cobweb. Not the easiest yarn to work with but a nice break from my other projects.


This is the Feather and Fan Baby Sweater from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders book. I first saw this sweater on Emily's Blog What's THAT Gonna Be? and I agree, I want one in my size. It only the third sweater I have knit and the first that is from the bottom up. I need to add a few rows to the back before I stitch the shoulders together and then add the arms. I also just love this yarn, it is great to work with, Swish DK from Knit Picks. It is so soft and a great color.




I have also been trying out some different cable patterns and making some coffee cuffs. This is a free pattern I found through Ravelry.


Life is getting back to normal. Abby is now 6 months old and started day care this week. I miss having her with me at work and her smile that lights up her whole face, but it was time. She is ready to get moving and keeping up with her big brother.


No comments: